Some Polling Data
June 23, 2009 Leave a comment
- 33% of the nation’s voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack is performing his role as President. 33% Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of 0.
- Seven percent (7%) rate the economy as good or excellent while 59% say it’s poor.
- 55% believe business leaders will do more than government officials to get the economy moving again.
- Overall, 55% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President’s performance so far. Forty-four percent (44%) disapprove.
- 54% oppose the Cash for Clunkers plan.
The Obama numbers are not surprising at first glance, bringing to mind the 33-33-33 split of the electorate we talk about in class so often. But then I recall the electorate was supposed to swing to the left, possibly a 37-40-23 split or so (Those numbers are not accurate in any way). I guess it really hasn’t changed much for now.
Economically I wonder if the 7% are workers in the unemployment offices cause their business should be going up right now. I am glad 55% of the populace believes that business will revive the economy and not the government. Let us hope it stays that way.